People tend to look forward and backward; what lies ahead and what passed before.
We at Aslan Media decided to break with convention and look around.
What we found was a population hungry for independent thinking, fresh perspectives, and authentic conversation about the MENA and MENASA regions.
The mission of Aslan Media Initiatives is to inform, educate, and engage the public on political, social, religious, and cultural issues related to the Greater Middle East and its Diaspora communities worldwide.
To accomplish this mission we coordinate and disseminate news and information through New Media and Social Media outlets, as well as produce original content that educates while meeting high standards of journalistic integrity and maintaining cultural context.
We provide a place for young people to share their perspectives and voice their ideas, on issues related to the region and its global Diaspora.
In regards to advocacy, we do partner with other nonprofit organizations working on issues such as human rights, to help them engage the public and stimulate awareness for important issues related to the region.
Aslan Media Initiatives aspires to:
● increase public discourse in the United States on news and issues often overlooked by mainstream media as they relate to the Greater Middle East, its population, and its Diaspora communities.
● to leverage Social Media, Digital Media, and other technology to engage, inform, and educate the North American and European public on issues related to the Greater Middle East , its population, and its Diaspora communities.
● to foster and promote constructive dialogue and education on interfaith and intercultural issues.
● to host, foster, and promote an active, worldwide community of citizen reporters and active news seekers who regularly share and discuss global social, political, cultural, and religious issues.
● To be the “go-to” media service in the United States for news and information about the Greater Middle East, its Diaspora communities, and the political, social, religious, and cultural issues surrounding both.
● To be of service to and support North American students who seek to create forums and events to discuss global social, political, cultural, and religious issues, especially as they relate to the Greater Middle East, its population, and its Diaspora communities, by providing resources, information, and media outlets through which they can share their work with the public.
● Create a Social Media “tipping point” for engagement with news and information about the Greater Middle East, including building a crowd-sourced Citizen Reporter resource.
● To build strategic partnerships with other media outlets, nonprofit organizations, charities, and government organizations that support a stronger journalistic community which promotes the sharing of information, larger public discourse on vital issues, and the inclusion of news and information currently under or misrepresented by current “mainstream media”
● To always maintain the highest journalistic integrity and operate with cohesive and functional Best Practices.